N. Thornton

Default House purchase & existing damp proof course

"Tony" wrote in message ...
Thanks for all the comments guys, they are VERY much appreciated!
But!...

Basically I'm trying to figure out what possible outcomes there might be (I
know...it's time to get out the crystal ball!).

We dont know at this point. We dont have the basic facts in yet.

Perhaps it's best to elaborate a little.

.... snip a lot

None of this is relevant at this point. As I said, you need to find
out if theres damp first. Look up the signs and symptoms of damp, go
see the property and examine it. Until youve done that, the rest is by
the by.

The point I suppose I'm trying to make is:
Why is a company offering to do a damp course on a property thats already
had one and is still covered by a 30 year guarantee?!!

companies usually offer to do work for the profit.

Why doesn't the original company fix it (assuming it DOES require another
damp proof!)?!

thats quite a big assumption.

Why should I pay for a damp-proof course when the existing one is still
guaranteed?!

why should you pay for it at all? Its not normally needed.

Does something seem not right here?

yes.

Any pointers anyone?!

see above Good luck.