Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Somewhat OT - advice on John Deere Sabre tractor battery install

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 15:18:25 -0400, Retired wrote:

On 4/16/14, 1:55 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 10:20:49 -0400, "EXT"
wrote:

The cable with the Red cover is Positive +

Red is positive, black is negative. Easy way to remember it is to think of
"Red Cross", positive will be either red or have a cross + on it or both.

... the positive post on the battery is larger in diameter than the
negative post...

IDR ever seeing one any different and don't think there are any
batteries that have the same size post.

This battery is a BCI Group U1. Does not use automotive type posts.
Cables have ring lugs. Uses a nut and bolt for attachment to battery
lug. See pic at
http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/...ro/mowpro.page

Okay. From the photo, and I cannot tell, is one bigger than the
other? Suggesting positive +. I agree the best way is to check for
the + sign on the battery.