Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] airsmoothed@gmail.com is offline

Default OTish Battery like on smartphone?

On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:17:23 PM UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:

Said smartphone is a Samsung Galaxy Ace2.

Previously if I eft home with it 100% charged it would last all day,

maybe dropping to 40% charged by the time I got home.

For the past week its been dropping to 30% or less by around 3pm.

Something is clearly running in the background & using up battery power,

any idea what?

Once its been running for a bit, go to the Battery entry on the main

settings menu - that should tell you what has been using the lions share

of the juice.

(also keep in mind, that as the batts get older, their capacity drops)

--

Cheers,

John.

Assuming the Ace2 works the same as the Ace the required menu is in settings about phone battery use. FWIW I keep wifi, BT and GPS off and just about get 3 days out of my Ace with a few voice calls and regular email updates.