Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default What if UKIP formed a government?

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 18:06:05 +0000, Tim Streater wrote:

To an extent I agree. But look what happened to Cleggy and the tuition
fees business. Clearly no one in this country understands the process,
cos poor old Cleggy continues to get stick about the issue.

On the Tory side, any idea of having a referendum before the next
election had to go in the bin, and the kippers don't seem to understand
that.

Equally, they don't understand that once Brown signed Lisbon, an
incoming government can't just say (i.e., if the Tories had had a
majority in 2010), well, we'll have a referendum on it. Other parties to
it would be justified in saying, but it's signed already; they're not
interested in UK internal politics. You start to repudiate treaties on
change of government at the drop of a hat and your rep for reliability
takes a dive.

Well, quite. Depressing, isn't it, just how many idiots believe
conspiracy theorists, melodrama and the newspapers.