Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default $2 garage sale oxy-acetylene cutting torch

Mike Spencer wrote:

Gunner Asch writes:

On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 20:02:24 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

I had the O2 as about 10PSI at the regulator and the acetylene around 5.
Not sure if these are correct-ish.

Suggestions?

O2 should be 15+, acety is correct

I'm using a Craftsman cutting torch bought in 1967. Never had the
problem you describe. But I do usually run it at 5 Acet/15-20 Oxy.

I suspect this one is from 1983, and I'd be the second owner. I bought
hoses for it as I didn't have any B sized ones, and I already had
regulators.

FWIW, the regulators for this set died years ago, repair guys
disclaimed being able to get parts. The roech handle, cutting and
weldeing heads just go on and on.

They were doing railroad work by me so I asked the workers for some of
those large plates the rails sit on. They seemed to have problems hearing
me until I explained I want them to practive with a cutting torch. They
they just started to hand them over the fence. It was sort of amusing.