Posted to alt.electronics
Uncle Peter[_2_] Uncle Peter[_2_] is offline

Default Adjusting a constant current supply?

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 13:01:00 +0100, Daniel wrote:

On 16/04/14 06:11, Uncle Peter wrote:
How easy would it be for me to change the current rating of a constant
current supply? One from a CREE LED light fitting, which I think is
very roughly 0.5 amps at 7V. I want to lower the current, the voltage
is ok.

My memory of teaching Power Supplies (about 15 years ago), the constant
current was maintained but keeping the voltage developed across a
particular resistor constant, so, in theory, by increasing the value of
the resistor, a lower current would develop the same voltage across the
sensing resistor.

However, you would have to determine which resistor and which value .....!

Thanks for the tip, I'll run it on a bench with a dummy load and test some resistor voltages, then try changing one a little.

--
Your mouse has moved. Windows must be restarted for this change to take effect.