Posted to alt.electronics
Daniel[_4_] Daniel[_4_] is offline

Default Adjusting a constant current supply?

On 16/04/14 06:11, Uncle Peter wrote:
How easy would it be for me to change the current rating of a constant
current supply? One from a CREE LED light fitting, which I think is
very roughly 0.5 amps at 7V. I want to lower the current, the voltage
is ok.

My memory of teaching Power Supplies (about 15 years ago), the constant
current was maintained but keeping the voltage developed across a
particular resistor constant, so, in theory, by increasing the value of
the resistor, a lower current would develop the same voltage across the
sensing resistor.

However, you would have to determine which resistor and which value .....!

Daniel