Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Papa Johns deceptive advertising.......

On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:42:51 PM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:31:27 PM UTC-4, sms wrote:

On 4/15/2014 10:16 AM, bob haller wrote:

My GF and her son ordered a pizza from Papa Johns online.....

Now they are running the double peperoni and bacon pizza for 12 bucks.. But the store charged them 16 bucks since the local franchise does not honor sale prices on anything ordered online. Me I would of walked out.

But they paid for the pizza and brought it home.

The assistant store manager says they get constant complaints but its the franchises decision.

I called the number the manager gave me and was offered a coupon for a free pizza. But this was from the regional franchise district manager. I declined and called corporate. Told them I wanted to speak to someone from corporate. They had the same district manager call me back He denies everything. But claimed since thjey have 139 stores they are corporate.

I called corporate back and since they track all sales suggested they check what price their customers are paying for online items on sale.

I havent heard anything back yet, but think the franchise is running a scam of some sort.

Papa John's is letting franchises opt out of advertised promotions.

Nothing illegal about that. Many Subway stores charge more than $5 for a

$5 footlong too.

Some franchisers require their franchisees to honor promotions, i.e.

Burger King.

From the PJ website with regard to the $12 special:

"Offer and Prices will vary in Alaska, Hawaii and Canada. Offer good for a limited time at participating Papa John's restaurants"

I think it's probably dumb for a national franchise to do that, but as you

say, nothing illegal or even unusual about it. I recall seeing many TV

ads for example for fast food that say "at participating locations".

And I think there offer of a free pizza when he complained was reasonable

too. Many restaurants, not just fast food one, don't even have the sense

to do that. You complain about the food or something, and they could give

you a free desert, something, on a $100 check and they rather have you

leave ****ed off, by giving you nothing at all.

I'm also still curious about what price they were shown online?

If they were told the price was $12 for the particular location they

were going to and it took the order at $12, then I agree they have a

totally valid beef.

12 bucks online price when ordered, 12 buck price on front door banner....

oh you ordered on line that means your paying full price.....

thats pure wrong!!!