Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff[_2_] Brian Gaff[_2_] is offline

Default flueless gas fire

So what is the process for forming water then. it obviously cannot be that
efficient if a good deal of the energy goes to make H2O after all. I was
thinking of getting a gas bottle heater in case of power cuts as I'm all
electric here.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 15/04/2014 11:20, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 10:45:23 +0100, newshound
wrote:

On 15/04/2014 06:47, harryagain wrote:
"Stephen" wrote in message

You don't say which you have got.
Definitely get a CO alarm.
All gas fires are very inefficient by todays standards.

Actually it is near enough 100% efficient, provided it isn't producing
significant CO or soot (which you will soon notice).

CO monitor would be a good idea.

Even if it's not producing CO, it will put a lot of water vapour into
the atmosphere in the house, possibly leading to condensation,
streaming windows and mould problems.

That was my thought as well, and burning natural gas produces more water
than other fuels.