Posted to alt.home.repair
harry k harry k is offline

Default OT BLM takes down 'First Amendment areas'

On Monday, April 14, 2014 8:51:04 AM UTC-7, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 13 Apr 2014 21:48:49 -0700 (PDT), Harry K wrote:

The seizue was legal and constitutional.

Yes. A few things have since come to light. BLM Director Neil Kornze,
from Nevada, was for former worker for Sen. Harry Reid. There may be
some cronyism going on. Some here speculate the Chinese companies may
want areas for solar farms or other want water and mineral right on
the land. Who knows, but is stinks to high heaven.

Bottom line: Bundy is still a thief no matter how you try to dress it up..

Turns out Bundy is a real dumb ass. He never had a lawyer in the
first court appearance (98?) and tried to represent himself (fool for
a client). Therefore, the case was not appealed in the 9th Circuit
Court of Appeals (dumb)

Big mistake there. The 9th circuit is known for making idiotic judgements. He would have had a good chance at winning.

The local paper is not exactly a bastion of conservatism - but.

EDITORIAL: Washington, the Bundy ranch and our rights

http://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/editorial-washington-bundy-ranch-and-our-rights

Court ruling July 2013:

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/species/reptiles/desert_tortoise/pdfs/Order_US_v__Bundy_7_9_13.pdf

Court ruling October 2013:

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/nv/field_offices/las_vegas_field_office/cattle_trespass.Par.40211.File.dat/Dkt%2056%20Order%20Granting%20Motion%20to%20Enforc e%2010-9-13.pdf

Thanks for the links. I've just been going by the news reports which, as usual, have their own "axe to grind"

As to bundy being a fool I totally agree. All those "militia" types supporting him are in the same bed with him on that.

Gonna be interesting to see what BLMs next move will be. I can't see more "judicial" action working - 20 years of that hasn't.
'
We had much the same type situation in this county with the nuts crawlingout of the woodwork supporting a dead beat...up until the Swat team showed up and impounded a batch of horses and forced him out of his foreclosed and barricaded house. Not a shot fired, no real threats made and all the "militia" quietly folded and snuck away.

Harry K