Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Electric Tankless Water Heaters

On 4/14/2014 11:17 AM, Pavel314 wrote:
Our oil-fired water heater is getting temperamental and may have to be replaced. (It turns off overnight and needs to be reset but not on warm nights, only on cold nights.) A friend said that they got an electric tankless water heater at her house and always have hot water when needed for the three people living there. Any opinions or experience with tankless water heaters? They're supposed to be more energy efficient, from what I read, but the savings alone don't seem to justify the investment.

Paul

Have oil heat?

Check out www.energykinetics.com and get an indirect fired water tank.I
sace 37% to 39% on oil compared to the old boiler.

Mixed review on tankless. You need a lot of juice to power them.