Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Electric Tankless Water Heaters

On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 17:32:31 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Marc:
My neighbor had a tankless installed a few years ago and was quite happy with it until one fateful morning...the ****ing thing quit in the middle of his morning
shower. There was no warning, the water temp dropped instantly from a nice warm shower temp to 52F, the temp of his well water.

Now that you have said it.... one of the things I like about our nat
gas-fired heater is that it is immune to power outages.

NG tankless is immune from power outages - if you buy one that uses an
in-line micro-turbine igniter. When water is called, the water demand
allows the turbine to spark the gas and heats the water. No worry
about power failure. Or backup power for an electric unit.