Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] marcstinebaugh@gmail.com is offline

Default $400 harbor freight lathe on ebay for $611

Because you are unaware, I will fill you in. When you go to place an order on, say, Walmart.com...or HomeDepot.com....or Sears.com...or Rakuten.com...or pretty much any website on the internet other than a few, they do not have that product, and they are drop shipping it. Each time it hits a new seller in the chain, the price goes up to cover selling fees, sales taxes, and even shipping costs. People are bringing new products into different marketplaces, and increasing the availability of those products to more buyers. There's nothing weird about that. Let's say you just went to the store, and you paid cash to buy a product, with the intention of selling it at a higher price for a profit. (Like anyone who sells a physical product.), and then you listed it on eBay or Amazon or any of the many other sites, and someone bought it for a higher price. ...
Let me get this straight....
You essentially are saying that you think there's something wrong with reselling products?
Let's say I listed something from a store online to resell it, and I first listed it, rather than purchase it. Then, when it sells, I go buy it and ship it to the buyer (customer). But then I'd have to pay shipping! Why would I do that, when they have a website I can order from, and just have them ship it directly to my buyer (customer)?
Yes, that is called drop shipping, remember, what HomeDepot.com does, and every other website on the planet.
I think you should ought to click my link below, and I will show you how you can do that easily from your living room, and make extra money, facilitating online transactions for Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG).
Go he
http://DSDomination.LeadsConverted.com