Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptiveadvertising

On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 05:45:33 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

If I was the carrier and I only had a few people complaining,
I don't think I'd maintain a list.

Notice that there are plenty of people complaining, now that I
look at every review, by LG Optimus L9 customers (model p769):
http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-...eviews#reviews

Most of those reviews were apparently put there *after* I had
bought the L9 phone, so even had I known about this web page, I
wouldn't have seen them in time to trade in the phone right
away for the 16GB/12GB-usable Nexus 5 instead:
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2825/1...849b4ff3_h.jpg

Anyway, I'm setting up the LG/Google 16GB/12GB Nexus 5 as we
type, and here's how much space (roughly) is left after adding
desired applications (before giving it to the gift recipient):
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2926/1...11cbc4f4_b.jpg

It's Android 4.4.2, which, all by itself, out of the box,
(roughly) took up 16GB - 12.5GB = 3.5GB
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2918/1...bd07a0ed_b.jpg

The pre-installed apps (roughly) took up, of course,
more of the space such that in usable form, only (roughly)
8.5GB of the original 16GB is actually available to the user:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7437/1...b9c07b48_b.jpg

Note: There is no external SD card, but an sd card would only be
usable for user content anyway (and not for apps).