Grandpa

Default Chess set plans for the lathe

Hmmm, I like the 'idea' approach - inspiration! I've been toying with
making a nautical set on the scrollsaw. Neptune & a Mermaid (King &
Queen of course) have me stumped as I can't carve for beans and I'm
still quite new to the scrollsaw. But a 3D sailboat for a Bishop,
Seahorse for a Knight, Lighthouse for a Rook and maybe a Clam, Starfish,
Pelican, Anchor or Ships Wheel for Pawns are doable - for me anyway.
Since I want to do our 17x22 den in a nautical theme, such a set on a
ships wheel coffee table would look great methinks. Arrrggghhh Matey!

Joe Fleming wrote:

snipped

As for sources of ideas, I believe I have seen ideas and/or plans in Bill
Jones' books, in Mike Darlow's books and in "Woodwork" magazine, among
others.