Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default after installing toilet found too close to wall,H20 tank wontfit right, need 2in+

On 4/10/2014 6:44 PM, WW wrote:
After installing toilet started to finish with installing h20 tank. Water
tank tilts forward. Need to move toilet at least 2 in more away from
wall for tank to fit. Need to insert something into existing system with
an attached flange so I can attach toilet to new flange and secure
properly and have additional space for the water tank to fit.. This is a
existing concrete floor with an existing workable flange. Just need the
extra space. How do I get extra space or What should I use to create
this
extra needed space so I can attach water tank to toilet and finish my
project.

As has already been explained, you needed a toilet to fit a shorter
rough-in space. If you can't get a toilet to fit the smaller area
right away, and need a toilet right now, you can probably make do by
installing a smaller tank, one sized for the confined spaces in RVs
and mobile homes. Odds are it will fit.