Posted to comp.mobile.android,misc.legal,alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptiveadvertising

On Sun, 13 Apr 2014 08:15:02 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

No it's not. That phone has an OS and pre-loaded apps. When
you first turn it on and connect to service, it's going to download
updates for much of that software. And tomorrow the update for
any one of them can result in less free memory.

Hi Trader,
Again, I'm repeating myself, so, for the sake of others reading
this thread, let's just agree that you and I have totally
different ideas of what 'out of the box' means.

For me, all they have to state is how much available memory
for apps is available on the day that the box is opened.

To me, that's what "out of the box" means, before I ever
bother to insert a SIM card into that T-Mobile phone and
before it ever is able to connect to a WiFi access point.

For you, out of the box clearly means something other than
that static number for each phone.

That's OK; but let's stop discussing it because we're clearly
not talking about the same 'out of the box' condition.

It's my opinion that any phone carrier that does not know
how much usable space is on their phone, out of the box,
then, that carrier has no business selling phones because
they are too complicated for them to keep track of.

Out of the box.

My argument is really that simple, but, I've said it so
many times already that even I am tired of saying it.