Grandpa

Default Chess set plans for the lathe

There was an adequate response at the beginning of the thread with a
ShopSmith set, although I too don't care for the knight. I've
considered turning the set and the base for the knight but cutting the
actual horses head on the scroll saw and attaching to the base. Not
sure yet though if it'll look funky. I've searched the web for hours
and only run across 2 or 3 at most but none of them inspired me.

There's a book out by Diana Thompson (I think) for cutting 3D sets on a
scroll saw that might be an alternative if you're so inclined although
no one set really inspired me either.

Bob Darrah wrote:

And I wasted my time clicking on this thread thinking I would find someone
that knew where we could find plans for turning chess pieces. I guess in
this day and age of ugly politics and ridiculous lawsuits I should be
slapped silly to think I would find an educated reply to a simple question
rather than a critical statement of someone else's attempt at craftsmanship.