Posted to alt.home.repair
Retired[_2_] Retired[_2_] is offline

Default Somewhat OT - advice on John Deere Sabre tractor battery install

On 4/13/14, 10:32 PM, gwandsh wrote:
Bought this older tractor last fall and it worked fine. Removed the battery for the winter, and wanted to reinstall.
When I looked at the install spot, for the life of me I couldn't recall if this was a standard negative ground. My first tractor - previous cars and motorbikes were all negative ground, but when I tried to find a manual or specific indication online, the verbiage said "if you have a model with negative ground...", so I was leery of installing wrong.
Can anyone confirm?
Tnx

See pictures at
http://manuals.deere.com/cceomview/O...012.html#45230

The cable with the Red cover is Positive +