Doug Miller

Default Chess set plans for the lathe

In article , "Bob Darrah" wrote:
And I wasted my time clicking on this thread thinking I would find someone
that knew where we could find plans for turning chess pieces. I guess in
this day and age of ugly politics and ridiculous lawsuits I should be
slapped silly to think I would find an educated reply to a simple question
rather than a critical statement of someone else's attempt at craftsmanship.

[snip]

I certainly would never agree to play with that set, in any game that meant
anything -- the knight looks *way* too much like a bishop.

This was not a criticism of anyone's craftsmanship. Rather, it's a clear
statement that the plans are unsuitable for their intended purpose. A chess
set in which knights can easily be confused with bishops may perhaps still
have some artistic merit, but it's absolutely useless for playing chess.

--
Regards,