Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Use pre-emergent weedkiller *and* reseed damaged areas -- how?

On 4/13/2014 1:56 PM, bud-- wrote:

What has come to market, for homes, does not appear to be low
maintenance (at least here). Looking at many packaged seed mixes
available here, far as I could tell they were all high maintenance.
(They don't tell you that.) I think most people that buy grass seed want
'beautiful' lawns, which requires regulaar fertilizer, and watering when
the weather doesn't cooperate. People who buy grass seed are not likely
to want their lawn to go dormant and brown.

A lot of that has to do w/ the "where"...MN is hardly the location for
much in the way of worrying about moisture so it's not surprising that's
what's been concentrated on there. Here in much drier (and hotter)
climate, there's a lot more emphasis on drought-tolerant lawn grasses
and hence, there are a lot more available in stores, even the common
hardware stores, not just lawn specialty places. Of course, KY
bluegrasses aren't very strong in those mixes, either...