Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android,comp.mobile.ipad
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptiveadvertising

On Sun, 13 Apr 2014 05:48:50 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

The more logical conclusion is that for most entry level
smartphone buyers, that Tmobile phone is acceptable,
not unusable.

I don't disagree with your argument.

Bearing in mind that these $200 phones were gifts, I have
had two users give them back to me, asking me to fix
the problems.

Meanwhile, the $200 Moto G is happily being used by a
third gift recipient.

Out of just those three phones, two came back as unusable.
That's all I know.

If these phones are actually "usable", as you intimate,
then we'd have to say for what purpose. Certainly they're
not usable if the owner needs/wants/loads more than 600MB
of app storage.

For me? That limitation would make them unusable.
For my two gift recipients? They were definitely unusable.
For others, the 600MB might make the phones be usable.

I don't disagree.