Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android,comp.mobile.ipad
Jimbo[_5_] Jimbo[_5_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptive advertising

On 04/13/2014 10:40 AM, Danny D. wrote:

Given the number of phone variations that they sell, it's
likely a sum total of no more than 100 single datapoints
for each carrier. If you think they can't handle that,
then our carrier's problems are far more severe than the
simpler fact that they lie to us about the specs.

A few years ago, I bought an HTC Inspire 4G from Amazon's phone store for $480 and activated it on AT&T.

While the phone never ran out of memory, I was totally annoyed by the approximately 30 useless apps clogging up my screen.

I finally paid $30 to have the phone "rooted" and the bloatware apps removed.