Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.android,comp.mobile.ipad
Danny D.[_10_] Danny D.[_10_] is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptiveadvertising

On Sun, 13 Apr 2014 05:53:49 -0700, trader_4 wrote:

To keep it updated and totally accurate, they would have to have a
list of every phone they sell and keep it updated real-time.

Every time someone says that, I have to disagree, but, I'm
kind of tired of disagreeing since my argument is so simple
and obvious.

If they are incapable of keeping track of a trivially simple
spec for how much usable flash memory it contains out of the box
on the score of phones they own, then they have absolutely
no business selling something as complex as a smartphone in
the first place.

It's just a single number, for each phone, sold, out of the
box.

Given the number of phone variations that they sell, it's
likely a sum total of no more than 100 single datapoints
for each carrier. If you think they can't handle that,
then our carrier's problems are far more severe than the
simpler fact that they lie to us about the specs.