Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default How to complain to the FTC and/or FCC about deceptive advertising

On Saturday, April 12, 2014 3:29:25 PM UTC-4, The Real Bev wrote:
On 04/12/2014 04:03 AM, Neil Ellwood wrote:

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 14:21:32 -0700, The Real Bev wrote:

On 04/09/2014 01:56 AM, Neil Ellwood wrote:

I am 81 and even I realise than when firms advertise the size of the

capacity of mobile phones etc. it is the total capacity of which the

operating system and other pre-installed items have taken a share. When

just a little common sense is needed why do people find problems?

So you'd be OK with it if the 4GB of internal memory were completely

consumed by the OS and permanent apps such that you couldn't download

ANY additional apps or store any additional photos/email/whatever?

Wouldn't you expect some sort of warning? At what point does the

warning become not-misleading?

Why would anyone buy a phone so limited? I do have a modicum of common

sense.

Why indeed? But surely we should be informed as to exactly how much

space WE can use to add stuff that WE want before we hand over the

credit card.

You probably would be informed, if you asked the question. The real
problem I see is that the number is going to change every day. And
if Tmobile tells someone like Danny that the phone has 700MB of free
storage, the software gets updated tomorrow and he looks at it then
and it says 600MB, then they're going to be complaining that they
were "lied to" and this time they will be right.

To keep it updated and totally accurate, they would have to have a
list of every phone they sell and keep it updated real-time.