Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flexible endoscope recommendations?

In article ,
Theo Markettos wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
You'll be lucky with Maplin these days. For components. Mostly just
mail order.

I suspect they don't stock half the things in the catalogue even in the
warehouse. I've gone in, found just the thing albeit overpriced, and
then they tell me they can get one in six weeks.

They seem to be selling on Ebay these days. At not very competitive BIN.

Time to browse over to Farnell or CPC and it'll arrive next day. Sure,
some lines are out of stock but they have 17 varieties of everything.
And after years of being unusable their websites are actually passable
these days.

CPC seem to be going for the old Maplin components market with no minimum
order charge and free delivery. Maplin used to be next day delivery and
free (above a certain value) - last time I used them they charged for
delivery which was also slow. Being slow to despatch things means to me a
lack of staff or organization. In these Ebay days one expects fast
dispatch - Maplin seem to have gone in reverse.

--
*What happens if you get scared half to death twice? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.