Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default LG hombot robot vacuum cleaner disassembly

On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 20:18:47 +0000 (UTC), Jerry Peters
wrote:

In sci.electronics.repair Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 18:49:37 -0400, the renowned wrote:

Cordless circular saws (even small 6.5" ones) are close to useless.

Not so. I have a DeWalt that's quite nice on plywood and such. I
also have an older Makita that's great for cedar siding. It sure as
hell beats a 10lb. corded monster when you're trying to trim a piece
of siding, 15' up a ladder on the side of the house. ;-)

I've got a Hitachi one that came in a kit- cut up few ~2" branches
that were felled by an ice storm and it was already dying.

A circular saw used on a tree? You must be suicidal. Cutting a 2"
diameter branch with a 6" saw? You *have* to be! Haven't you ever
heard of a chain saw, or even a reciprocating saw? ;-)

The branches were on the ground. Just cutting them into 3' pieces for
bundling so the city would haul them off. I'm not getting up on a
ladder with a cordless circular saw. ;-)

I don't have a gas chain saw (just an antique electric one without
guards). The Hitachi version of a sawzall might have been better but I
think the blade had gone walkabout.

Cordless drill: Great, especially when you have at least 2 batteries
Cordless sawzall: okay
Cordless circular saw: pretty much useless
Flashlight attachement: Great because it sits up nicely when in the
attic

The power tool that I really don't like using is the table saw. Much
more so the slider radial arm saw, and way more than a lathe or mill.
Apparently the first thing most folks do is remove that stupid thing
that marks up wood and helps keep it from randomly flinging stuff
toward you at high velocity (riving something?).

Which is why you don't stand directly behind the table saw, right in
the path of any projectile.

Behind the fence is the safest place to be. ...and *never* reach
across or behind the blade.