Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default Hardwood to Tile Threshold

I think if it were me I'd get an oak threshold at
HD. They're only 5/8". Then cut off one bevel
and do a slight bevel or round-over on that edge,
which will then meet the tile.
When that's butted up to the tile it's only a 3/8"
rise. That may be too much for your mother, but
it's the only thing I can think of that won't look
tacky. Anything thinner in wood would risk cracking,
and while metal might deal with the slope it will
look a bit institutional.