Ron Williams

Default Chess set plans for the lathe

By an odd coincidence, I spent a few minutes at B&N on Thursday and browsed
through the woodworking magazines. I looked at "Popular Woodworking", and
two British pubs - one was "Practical Woodworking" and I think the other is
just "Woodworking" One of the three showed the palns for a turned-only
chess set. In deference to other posts, the knight didn't look as though it
would whinny, but it looked to be a reasonably easy set to produce.

Good luck!

Ron Williams
Minn-Dak Woodturners
Moorhead, MN

"fipster" wrote in message
Does anybody know of any web sites dealing with chess piece designs for

the lathe. I would like to
make all the pieces entirely on the lathe (no carving)