Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default OT BLM takes down 'First Amendment areas'

"Harry K" wrote in message news:4806b084-fabd-403b-a5c2-

stuff snipped

Yep. I have never heard of anyone being allowed free grazing on

federal/state land. There is always a grazing fee of some kind.

I can't believe that people are supporting that POS. He is stealing the

use of OUR land.

It's like Exxon deciding they don't have to pay the royalties on the oil
they find on public land. I have no sympathy for a deadbeat. Especially
one trying to hide behind a false issue. Reading this story it seems that he
just stopped paying the fees in protest one day and then glommed onto the
lame "my ancestors" spiel.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hannit...ral-government

This all started in 1993 when the government declared the land habitat for
the federally protected desert tortoise. Following that move, Bundy refused
to pay new grazing fees and continued letting his cattle graze on the land.
He argued that his ancestors worked this land since the 1870s, long before
the Bureau of Land Management was formed, granting him the rights to the
property.

Don't let the Native Americans hear that line of reasoning . . .

When Hannity says "new grazing fees" it's not clear whether they started new
fees in 1993 or that's when Bundy decided to stop paying any more fees. But
what's worse in my mind is a) Hannity giving this loon a perch to warble
from and b) not understanding a whit about grazing fees and claiming Bundy's
providing "lawn" care service of some kind:

HANNITY: It is interesting. Your cattle -- this is public land. It's not
being used. In my mind, and I'm not a rancher, but I would think the federal
government would be thankful because you're cutting the lawn for free, and
they're charging huge amounts of money to let your cattle graze there with
these fees?

Wow, I knew Hannity was ot-Nay oo-Tay right-Bay, but this is remarkably
daft. Read the rest of the article to make your head swim. Bundy's doing
us taxpayers a service, using OUR land to make a commericial profit from,
saving himself the cost of feed and cheating taxpayers out of a fee that
plenty of other ranchers pay without whining because they know it's a good
deal, overall. This guy's bill went sky high because of interest and
penalties from when he decided he was too important to pay fees in 1993.
It's not like the BLM decided unilaterally to seize his cattle. He had his
day in court. And lost.

Try walking into a Wal-mart and taking something off the shelf and walking
out with it without paying because it's "not being used." Jeez.

Less than zero sympathy for Bundy. I just wonder if the publicity that Fox
is giving this deadbeat is going to end in violent tragedy. In more than
one place I've read people are asking people to bring their guns to the
protest.

HANNITY: How far are you willing to go? How far are you willing to take
this?
BUNDY: My statement to the American people, I'll do whatever it takes to
gain our liberty and freedom back.

Liberty and freedom? What bunk. Freedom from having to pay for what you
use, like the rest of us is what he really wants.

--

Bobby G.