Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular.t-mobile,sci.electronics.repair
dave dave is offline

Default Would you file an FTC or FCC complaint for Android T-Mobile ROMlies?

On 04/11/2014 01:16 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 00:42:59 -0700, josephkk
wrote:

BTW i use flac as a matter of personal choice, because it is lossless like
PKzip. Not that i can discern any difference even with my best equipment
between 256k mp3 and flac. I have done A vs B testing and honest enough
that for most of my material 256k/s mp3 is effectively distinguishable
from flac or wav.

Suck it up.

?-)

And yet many find that CD and SACD are indistinguishable when made
from the same master. Often the SACD versions are remastered so sound
different.

On a similar line, I was using an aptX Bluetooth receiver in my
bedroom to feed an Onkyo stereo receiver and AudioEngine P4 speakers.
Switching to a source that also uses aptX was instantly
distinguishable from standard Bluetooth on the same streaming Internet
radio music.

We have the audiofools on one side, that believes in magic, and the
audio atheists on the other, who thinks everything sounds the same.
Both are wrong.

I merely want to point out that memory is cheap, hearing is not. And
that Android file manager will tell you the device can only be used to
store or transfer "flac" and "wav" files, when the default player gladly
renders beautiful sound when fed these massive files. It must be a deal
with Microsoft or something. "flac" is open source. MP3 is not.