Doug Miller

Default Chess set plans for the lathe

In article nNk6b.125038$xf.21582@lakeread04, "Ali T. Borahan" wrote:
Agreed Doug. I'm certainly not a carver, but when I finish the set I'm
turning, the knight will have at least a semblence of a horse's head. I
think most chess players would agree that Staunton is the most commonly used
and recognizable set. I'm not an expert at chess either, but I do like the
familiarity of the pieces to be there when playing.

Moreover, if you're playing in a USCF-sanctioned tournament, you have the
right to refuse to play with a non-Staunton set, and insist on a Staunton. I
certainly would never agree to play with that set, in any game that meant
anything -- the knight looks *way* too much like a bishop.

--
Regards,