Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default 20 people stabbed by 16-yr-old "student" Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville PA

On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 12:22:16 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 08:00:51 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

Those are moral questions you have to ask yourself. Do you stick your

head in the sand, cower in a corner, and hope to not also become a

victim or do you take decisive action to protect the students at risk

of harm to yourself?

I agree. I thought it was shocking that this one nut was able
to stab so many people, without someone having the opportunity to
stop him.

Several people did try to stop him, but he got the better of each of
them and cut each one.

Until the last one.

:But it all depends on the circumstances. I wouldn't
confront him head-on. But if he was busy with someone else with
his back to me and I saw a convenient object to knock him senseless
with in the head, I'd probably do it.

I was thinking about that. School halls are usually pretty empty,
except they used to have big cans, almost 3 feet tall, for extinguishing
fire, in glass cases in the hall. That would work well, unless he
heard you coming from behind and dodged it.

They also have in apartment buildings and maybe some schools, folded up
hoses with a valve. I wonder if they have enough pressure to knock
someone off his feet, or at least distract him by hurting him. I don't
know. I can imagine it either way.

One might slide a desk at him, but not without his hearing it coming.

And the athletic department has baseball bats, somewhere.

I'm sure Bob would have some
suitable tools in his kit. A pipe wrench would be nice

A pipe wrench would be called external stimuli. g A guy was
trespassing on federal property and pulled a knife on myself and four
other correctional officers - WRONG. He got himself some thump
therapy. And he couldn't rub the bumps on his head off fast enough.

In this case, a school employee and another student took the kid down.
It makes me real proud!