Posted to alt.home.repair
ChairMan[_6_] ChairMan[_6_] is offline

Default Use pre-emergent weedkiller *and* reseed damaged areas -- how?

In ,
Percival P. Cassidy belched:
I have combination fertilizer + Pre-emergent weedkiller ("Crab-grass
preventer") that I bought *before* part of our lawn was dug up to
replace a water pipe.

Now I have two conflicting requirements:

1. prevent all the crab-grass seeds from germinating

2. reseed the bare areas.

Will simply covering with plywood or plastic the areas I want to
reseed while I am applying the fertilizer+weedkiller, *then*
reseeding and fertilizing (with starter fertilizer) the bare areas
work?
Any better suggestions?

Perce

what kind of grass?
the typical weed and feed is BS, you're better off using a seperate
pre-emergent and then buy the cheapeast fertilizer and add 1lb epson salt
and 1lb sugar.
Personally I have never had good luck with seeding except for fescue, I
prefer sod, but then I'm in the south
YMMV