Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default after installing toilet found too close to wall,H20 tank wontfit right, need 2in+

philo wrote:
On 04/10/2014 06:44 PM, WW wrote:
After installing toilet started to finish with installing h20 tank. Water
tank tilts forward. Need to move toilet at least 2 in more away from
wall for tank to fit. Need to insert something into existing system with
an attached flange so I can attach toilet to new flange and secure
properly and have additional space for the water tank to fit.. This is a
existing concrete floor with an existing workable flange. Just need the
extra space. How do I get extra space or What should I use to create
this
extra needed space so I can attach water tank to toilet and finish my
project.

That does not sound like a very practical idea the chances of getting
something to fit and not leak are pretty slim. I'd get a toilet with the
dimensions of the previous one or a "high tank" toilet.

Hi,
Measure three time B4 you cut. Does this apply here as well?
For me it is difficult to understand the situation. Is there
a smaller tank available some how?