Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default how to disassemble needle nose pliers

On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 20:51:28 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 12:32:02 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

And, of course, muriatic acid is about the strongest acid that's readily
available to consumers, so be careful with it.

Easy to get HCL in gallon quantities at any box store that
also sells pool equipment (e.g., Home Depot, Lowes, etc.).

I've put LOTS of stuff in HCL, so, just be careful that you
pull it out earlier rather than later.
What's a good way to get rid of rain surface rust on tools left outside
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ir/MnRFkwF0jQU[1-25-false]
etc. (many pictures in that thread)

A lot of tools and other things can have their rust removed with a wire
wheel, in place of a grindstone on a bench grinder. It works quickly,
leaves a beautful finish. Most things look as if they were new (I'm not
saying like new, like they themselves looked like when they were new,
because they might have been shiny) but they look beautiful

And it's a one-step process. BE SURE TO WEAR GOGGLES BECAUSE THE
WIRES DO COME OUT OF THE WHEEL WHILE IT SPINS. ONE OF THEM ACTUALLY
STUCK ITSELF IN SKIN, IN MY FOREHEAD. DIDN'T SHOW BLOOD WHEN I PULLED
IT OUT, BUT WOULDN'T WANT TO DO THAT WITH MY EYE.

Even wood things might look great after time on the wheel. I did have
some problem with a saw blade, that seemed thicker than originally when
I was done. Maybe that was that particular blade and others would come
out fine.