Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default after installing toilet found too close to wall,H20 tank wont fit right, need 2in+

On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 23:44:01 +0000, WW
wrote:

After installing toilet started to finish with installing h20 tank. Water
tank tilts forward. Need to move toilet at least 2 in more away from
wall for tank to fit. Need to insert something into existing system with
an attached flange so I can attach toilet to new flange and secure
properly and have additional space for the water tank to fit.. This is a
existing concrete floor with an existing workable flange. Just need the
extra space. How do I get extra space or What should I use to create this
extra needed space so I can attach water tank to toilet and finish my
project.

Toilets have what is called an offset from the wall. You may have the
wrong one?

The offset is measured from the finished wall to the center of the
drain pipe, usually. You may find an offset flange that will give you
the distance from the wall to pipe measurement, that you need.

The offset is figured with a finished wall or compensated for drywall

http://www.johnbridge.com/images/mike2/For%20Liberry%20Stuff/Plumbing/Toilet%20Rough%20In.jpg

http://www.ursuspacificus.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/dscn1955_480x360.jpg

http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/installing-a-toilet.jpg