Posted to alt.home.repair
jamesgang jamesgang is offline

Default Using the old "White" 12-2 Romex

On Wednesday, April 9, 2014 7:09:31 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I am looking to put a four foot baseboard heater in a bedroom . In the past I could use a 12-2 with a ground. Is that still up to code using 220 power and if it is what breaker should I use?

Depends on the amperage of the baseboard heater and the distance from the breaker panel. In all probability a four foot baseboard section will work ok on 12/2 with a ganged 20 amp breaker. But you should still check the heater's power requirements on the box.