Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clothes dryer: repair or replace?

On 4/9/2014 11:23 PM, bob haller wrote:
On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 2:26:44 AM UTC-4, nestork wrote:
inch louvered vents. And, DO NOT use short sheet metal screws to hold

the sections of vent pipe together. You can only do that on the flue

venting from gas fired boilers, furnaces and water heaters. With

clothes dryers ONLY use duct tape at the joints to hold the vent piping

together. Lint can accumulate on the screws and cause a fire hazard.

I took a sample of that white plastic vent hose and

tried to light it. even with a propane torch it burned
poorly......

Good to know. I'd think the lint would cause a
heck of a mess, if it caught fire. Of course, lot
based on what kind of fabric you'd been drying.
Cotton, poly, nylon, etc. I don't wish a dryer
vent fire on anyone.

Usually in a seldom used part of the house, and
fire would likely get a head start before it was
noticed.

--
..
Christopher A. Young