Posted to alt.home.repair
Jimbo[_5_] Jimbo[_5_] is offline

Default Clothes dryer: repair or replace?

On 04/10/2014 02:20 AM, nestork wrote:
bob haller;3220751 Wrote:
I mentioned to a tech here repairing our diswasher nder warranty that
our new dryer wasnt working well.

tech said new dryers are much less able to handle long vent runs

Did he explain that response? I don't see why that would be the case.
Dryers now use 120 VAC electric motors just like they did 50 years ago,
and so far as I know, neither the size nor the speed of the blower
impellers has changed.

It's all about the Energy Guide label and the highly coveted Energy Star rating.

More airflow requires more heat...and more heat requires more energy...and more energy costs more money...which gives the dryer a bad Energy Guide rating.

Engineering consumer products is like being married...no matter what a guy does - it's wrong!