Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N[_2_] N8N[_2_] is offline

Default LED Bulbs Questions

On Tuesday, April 8, 2014 1:46:07 PM UTC-4, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Trying to learn about all these new replacement bulb, but sure is

confusing.

a. Are all brands, styles, etc. of the new LED bulbs dimmable

(assuming you have the right Dimmer switch) ?

No, and not even all bulbs from the same manufacturer.

b. If not, are the non-dimmable ones cheaper than the ones that are

dimmable capable ?

Often.

c. Cree are "good" brand ?

Yes, although if you can find them, I would try to search out the "true white" ones as they have a higher CRI than the ~80 CRI of the usual ones sold at Big Orange. I'm kind of a light quality snob, and really hope that LED development goes more towards high quality light than did CFLs which I found fairly disappointing overall.

nate