nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren[_2_] View Post
We never hear your cry-baby stuff about other countries. You have a
fixation about America that you cannot get over.
Oren has a point, HomeGuy.

If you pointed out the problems in other countries, then your criticism of the USA or Canada or any other country would be more credible. But, you don't criticize any country except the USA.

Did you know that if you commit a crime in North Korea, they don't just punish you with a lengthy jail term, they put all your relatives in jail too. AND, they don't stop there. They jail the next three generations of your family as well. So, if a woman in a North Korean prison camp gets pregnant and has a child, that child is imprisoned as well, and that lasts for 3 generations. When the uncle of the current dictator in North Korea was executed, there were people put in jail that didn't even know that they were distant relatives of his.

Did you know that on December 20, 2013 the parliament of Uganda signed into law a bill that would make homosexuality a capital offense. Yes, that's right, you can be executed in Uganda for being caught being gay. They have since changed that to life in prison, but they have also added provisions so that Ugandans that commit homosexual acts while out of the country can be extradited back to Uganda for prosecution. And, anyone that knows of someone committing homosexual acts will be considered an accomplice if they don't reveal what they know to the Ugandan authorities.
Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Act, 2014 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's some things that are worthy of your criticism don't you think?

PS:
For what it's worth, it's been said that a Canadian is an unarmed American with free health care. Don't listen to HomeGuy's criticisms because all of us know that the differences between American and Canadian society are tiny compared to the similarities. We speak the same language, we both have democratic forms of government, we practice much the same religions and follow the same legal system; the British Common Law, which we both inherited from our British ancestry. We're as much military allies of the USA as we are military allies of Britain and the Commonwealth nations (like Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Scotland and Wales). And, until 9/11, we had the longest undefended border in the world, and even now that border isn't nearly as well defended as most international borders. There's no real need to defend it cuz we co-operate on national security matters as well.
So, in summary, ignore HomeGuy.