Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Can welding Oxygen be used in place of medical oxygen?

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 13:44:20 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Friday, June 18, 2010 9:58:42 PM UTC-4, Some Guy wrote:
Is there any difference between a tank of welding oxygen vs medical
oxygen as far as purity, concentration, hazardous impurities, etc, that
would render welding oxygen insufficient (or even dangerous) for helping
to supplement breathing / respiration ?

I doubt it. If it doesn't seem to help the person's condition after 3
or 4 minutes, I'd stop, at least for a while.

If there is a difference between welding oxygen and medical Oxygen,

I think much more effort is put into purity, but the impurities in
welding oxygen wouldn't be so bad in an emergency.

can anyone prove to me the difference, if it's just a tag, that is not proof, Talk is not proof, Just answer the question if you know for sure....