Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default gas price

On 4/9/2014 11:22 AM, micky wrote:

Outside, he had zeroed the pump, but it still showed 3.59.9. I thought
the price would be 3.49.9 since I was paying cash.

Went back inside. He said no. It would be 3.69.9 if I used a credit
card.

What do you all think? What would you do?

Pretty much the way all that use the cash difference discount do it that
I've seen.

What I'd do would all depend on many factors...how badly I need the fuel
at the moment, how the price compared to where I normally did business
and whether had any cash as I don't have/use a debit card.

As a general rule I don't frequent those places as generally one can
find stations that don't surcharge at equivalent or near-so prices so
there's no point in it. Excepting for travel, all our fuel is bought at
the bulk distributorship on account excepting for what Lynda puts in her
car using the Dillons grocery discount. That 10-cent off pump price
ends up generally at about 2 or 3 less than the billed price from the
distributor.