Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.cellular.t-mobile,sci.electronics.repair
nospam[_3_] nospam[_3_] is offline

Default Would you file an FTC or FCC complaint for Android T-Mobile ROM lies?

In article , dave
wrote:

And you
have obviously never listened to a pair of Grados so I don't know what
to think about your opinions regarding listening to hifi.

this isn't about grados versus cheap $2 headphones included with a
device. obviously there would be a difference between those.

this is about mp3/aac versus uncompressed, a difference which is
inaudible.

and this isn't a matter of my opinion or anyone elses opinion. once
again, in double-blind tests, people consistently *can't* tell which is
which. set up your own double-blind test and you'll get the same
results everyone else who has done so. they do no better than chance.

Oh. So now by headphones you mean ear buds?

that's what i meand, since that's what the majority of people use when
listening to mobile devices.

I never said Apple owned
aac.

you said apple aac.

aac is not apple's format. it's an industry standard format that apple
and numerous other companies use.

apple didn't modify anything.

I asked you what flavor aac you are talking about? When I got my
iPod Touch v3 I tried Apple aac and it sounded like doggie waste in a
leaky bag.

then you must have done something wrong.

were these aac files you made or ones made by others?

it's possible to make crappy aac files, just as it's possible to make a
crappy cd. anything can be crap.

it's also possible to do a good job and make quality aac (or mp3)
files.

a valid comparison is between the best of each medium, not the best of
one and the worst of the other.

Again, you say an MP3 at 320k sounds as good as an
uncompressed file and I say at 320k there is very little Mpeg
compression happening.

that's the whole point. you get a substantial size benefit with no
audible artifacts at the higher bit rates.

at lower bit rates there are more artifacts. at some point, the amount
of artifacts becomes a problem, depending on the sounds. voice files,
for instance, don't need as high of a bit rate as music.

The device has 32 GB SSD and it has never been
more than half full, even with all my .wav files (Apple won't play flac
or vorb files).

yes it most certainly will.

there are numerous ios apps that play flac or vorbis directly.

there are also flac plug-ins for itunes, although that won't help on an
ios device.

you could also convert the files to apple lossless and use the native
ios music app rather than a separate app. converting from one lossless
format (flac) to another lossless format (alac) is lossless.

or just play them as-is with one of many apps.

plenty of options.

If you are having storage issues there are plenty of
cloud solutions.

i'm not having any storage problems at all and cloud solutions don't
work when there's no network connection or if someone doesn't have
unlimited data bandwidth.