Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default gas price

Yesterday after dropping someone off at the airport, I needed gas.

The first gas station had a sign 30 or 40 feet high and 10 feet wide,
tha said Regular 3.59(9).

I pulled up to a pump and, unusually for me, I think, noticed a sign on
the pump that said "10 cent per gallon discount for cash".

I thought, "Well I was going to go inside anyhow to get a newspaper.
Great."

So I did. They had no papers but I gave the cashier 40 dollars.

Outside, he had zeroed the pump, but it still showed 3.59.9. I thought
the price would be 3.49.9 since I was paying cash.

Went back inside. He said no. It would be 3.69.9 if I used a credit
card.

What do you all think? What would you do?