Posted to alt.home.repair
JAS JAS is offline

Default OT, We Had 5-8 Inches Of Rain Last Night

Dean Hoffman wrote:
The rain was hammering the house all last night and now many areas are
flooded with some roads closed. As luck would have it, we've had a new
roof put on the house in the last few years and got some help to tar
around the chimney and plumbing stack in the bathroom in the last few
months. I looked for leaks in the ceiling but didn't find any. Here on
the mountain I'm sure we were on the high end of the rainfall. Not only
did it rain but the temperature was in the low 50's F. Darn that Global
Warming! o_O

This was a huge storm cutting across a number of states and I wonder
what some of the posters experienced over the past 24 hours with the
monster rain? ^_^

TDD

Probably about .05" to .08" a few days ago in south central
Nebraska. We are abnormally dry according to the U.S. Drought Monitor.
Western Nebraska is in a stage of drought. The monitor is here if
you're interested. http://tinyurl.com/ltov5dh
I heard stories a few days ago about our government trucking salmon
to their spawning grounds.

In North West Nebraska Panhandle we received .01" and we are very dry
with the wind and dirt blowing every day.