Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default Wallpaper stripping tools and techniques

On Wed, 9 Apr 2014 09:30:35 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

On embossed paper over lath and plaster, I found it necessary to scratch
the surface to allow water penetration. The tool used was something like
the largest scraper shown above but with the edge having 6mm serrations.
Dragging this across the surface created score marks which allowed water
in to soften the glue.

There are also spiky rollers to do this.

I googled for a picture, and the first hit was a picture of a wallpaper roller
thing on Amazon.de. Only they had wrapped the handle in innertube rubber, and
the price was about 10x that of the wallpaper roller. There was also a bit of
text on showing who's the boss, "skin roller", and fifty shades of grey.

So buy a dozen wallpaper rollers on Amazon, sell them back rubber-handled with a
bit of old cycle innertube and saucy text for 10x the price, and get someone
else in to sort the wallpaper for the difference?

Thomas Prufer