View Single Post
  #5   Report Post  
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
external usenet poster

Default HP Unobtainium IC revisited (1725a)

Let's not take that too far th0ugh. I meant to ask you about thart cassette deal. Any moves on that ? Did you consider the 1 Khz square wave method I said ?

Anyway, I finally gave this HP a bath. It's like a new nmachine. Now remember there is the good one, and ?I thought it was all ****ed up, but not I see that we had ****ty probes. Long story, but these babiers are working better thaan I thought. I had a ****load of pictures of 1Mhz square waves and ****, but the camera ****ed up and they are lost. I willget more.

I decided fukit, see if I can get the gain right. No good, the end of the range of the vcontrol is not even close. I see how they design, and I do not like it. The gain seems like they are shunting the signal, it is all one sided. I could design better than that. Of course that is all over the place.. My assocoiate just got stumped checking bias and **** on an old vintage unit, what it was it that the bias control had too much range, and it don't go below zero. Of course that is why I am here.

I have stuck the thing to the aluminum for now. In fact now that...

Oh. I have solved the option 101 problem. I disconnected all kinds of thigs and now know what must remain connected. I have the board off to the side now and it won't be bothering anyone. However I now know that I must increase the values of those resistors, and I THINK I should bump them from 1,000 to 1,500 ohms. Now that I see how this thing is, I am thinking of going even a bit higher. Extra gain is usually easier to handke than the lack thereof.

I did do something though. I got this buzzbox welder, or I did. I loaned it to a buddy of mine and he still has it, I don't care. But the rollaround stand fits this HP really nice so now I got that, the Fluke 8050A on top of it (option 035 ?) and the Wavetek 111 on the shelf underneath (option ZZZ).

It's looking pretty good actualy. And my dude brung me the 422.

/sending befroe this becomes the new bible