Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] packrat1979@gmail.com is offline

Default LG 50PJ550-UD No Picture

Got this set in the shop today, sound is fine but no picture at all, not even a black screen. No visible or audible evidence that the display is even attempting to power. Power supply is good, no blown fuses or bad caps on the sustain boards. Buffer boards are getting the proper voltages. Not sure what to look for next, this definitely isn't a typical failure I'm used to seeing.
From what I've read, this problem can be caused by (in rare cases) a bad display panel. This seems unlikely as I would expect something would still be visible on screen, but could this actually be the case?
Thanks for any insight you can offer.